Friday, September 02, 2011

Eugene, OR and Goldendale, WA

After Arizona, I headed to Eugene, OR, where I went to help out at the Serbian parish of St. John the Wonderworker for a few weeks. Above is a photo from a walk I took in Eugene's lovely Rose Garden along the river in Eugene with Popadija Maria and little Lucy.

One day, a parishioner and I drove up to Goldendale, WA to visit the Monastery of St. John the Forerunner for a couple days. Above is a photo of the main building, which houses their small (hopefully temporary) church.

A view of the monastery's bookstore and bakery from the highway. Besides visiting the sisters, the visit was also for research for my dissertation here in Greece.

The drive from Eugene to Goldendale goes through the Columbia Valley Gorge, which is beautiful. It's quite windy so it's lined with thousands of massive windmills.

For more photos from the trip, click here.

No comments: