Monday, December 07, 2009

"Monetizing"

Well, once again it's that time of year in which I try to "monetize" this blog by appealing to you for a gift to the tax-deductible "Seminary Fund" which helps support my studies here in Greece.

Even though we are not in the US at the moment, we are aware of the economic strain, which has also affected Europe. So we know that it is even more difficult now than usual to ask for financial support.

Nevertheless, we are making this appeal to you to help support our goal, which is for me to finish my studies here in Greece and return to the US to serve the Church there.

There are several ways you can help. First, you can make a tax-deductible donation by writing a check to: "Holy Cross Orthodox Church" (please write "Seminary Fund" in the note field). It can be mailed to: Holy Cross Orthodox Church, Attn: Maria Meals, 706 Stewart Street, Yakima, WA 98902-4473.

Second, you can make a donation right now via Paypal by clicking on this link.

Third, you can support my studies by purchasing one of the books I need from the following list.

Alternatively, you can check out the wishlist that Pelagia has put together for the babies, if you just want to get the cute triplets a Christmas present. :)

Thank you for indulging this plea. It's tedious to write, but unfortunately it is necessary, and it helps me justify the time I spend updating the blog the rest of the year. :)

God bless you, and may we all complete a fruitful Lenten (Advent) season.

No comments: