Thursday, December 03, 2009

Farewell, Rebecca!

Well, Pelagia's spiritual sister, Rebecca, who has been living with us the last two months or so, left today to return to the US. So we're a little short-handed around here until my parents arrive later this month. Fortunately, we have great neighbors and the people from the parish help out a lot.

As a final tribute to Rebecca, here are a couple of nice photos with her and the babies. Above, she's with "the peanuts," as I call them, Benjamin and Phoebe. Below she is with Paul.

After Liturgy on Monday morning for St. Andrew the First-Called, I went downtown to the Theology School to do some things in the library.

Thessaloniki is building its own subway, and one of the first stops that they're building is actually right in front of the Theology School. Of course, this project has been going on for years, and there's no end in sight. Why? Well, every time they dig, they run into some ancient archaeological monument. I hate when that happens! :)

I took the two photos above from the top floor of the Theology School. You can see that the workers have hit on something, and they've had to slow down and dig carefully around the ruins. If I had to guess what it was, I would say the circular bit could possibly have been a baptistery, and the walls (above it in the photos) could be part of a church?

No comments: