Thursday, October 18, 2012

Edwards on the East Coast


Because I finished my studies, we needed a new kind of visa to continue to live in Greece, which involved -- as strange as it may seem -- coming back to the US to visit the Greek Embassy, and then returning to Greece. 

So the kids got their first plane ride, their first trip out of Greece, and their first visit to the US. The trip was long -- 11 hours from Athens to Philadelphia -- but the kids were pretty good. Above, you can see them watching a movie on the iPad.


My parents were waiting at the airport to pick us up.


The kids enjoyed the huge playland inside the McDonalds near my parents' house.


My parents got out many of my old toys, including this little red wagon. They drove around my parents' neighborhood.


They also got a spin in Granddad's pick-up truck.


Of course, no visit to the grandparents could be complete without lots of ice cream, including visits to this nearby dairy farm that makes its own ice cream.


Here in the US, even the strollers have parking! I wish there was this much organized parking in Greece for cars!


Here we are visiting a replica of an old ship in Wilmington, Delaware. You can see the city in the background to the left.


Here the kids are playing in the grass near the ship. It is amazing how many well-kept, green public places there are!

For many more photos, click here.

No comments: