Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Adventures in America

During my visit with my parents, I think I saw nearly all of my family, including both grandmothers (whom I hadn't seen in 4-5 years). We also got a chance to visit the beach in nearby Lewes, Delaware (see top photo). The weather was gorgeous during my entire visit in the US -- both in the Maryland/Delaware area and in New England.

On the fifth Sunday of Lent, I went with my parents, aunt, and uncle to the closest Orthodox church -- an OCA mission in Delmarva, Delaware. I was privileged to serve with the rector, Fr. John Parsells. It was a bit of an adventure coordinating OCA/Russian practice with the Greek practice that I've learned, but we managed. As one Orthodox bishop in America has reportedly joked: "We are one faith divided by a common liturgy." ( ;

No comments: