Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Divine Liturgy at Tvrdos

On Saturday morning, we celebrated the Divine Liturgy, with Bishop Maxim and Bishop Atanasije presiding, three priests serving (including me), and one hierodeacon. This was the second Liturgy I served at this monastery, the first being my first one as a deacon back in December 2007. This time was much easier!

Shortly before the start of the Liturgy.

The deacon reads the Gospel.

The Great Entrance.

After the Liturgy, the monks served everyone hot tea just outside the entrance to the monastery and listened as Bishop Atanasije spoke for awhile, telling stories and jokes (see photo above). An archondariki (guest house) for hosting people for such things is currently being built, as I will cover in my next post.

There's another report of our whole pilgrimage on the diocese's website here.

No comments: